[Building Sakai] New user notifications

Francois Campbell francois at opencollab.co.za
Wed Apr 16 03:43:19 PDT 2014

Good day.

We would like to know if there is any way that an email notification can be
sent to a user, when the user is created by the administrator via the
front-end Adminstration Workspace > Users tool or  the User Directory
Service.

We have set the notifyNewUserEmail property to true in the sakai.properties
file but still no  notification email is sent until a user is added to a
site, are we missing a configuration or is this the intended behaviour?

*notifyNewUserEmail=true*

--
Regards
*Francois Campbell*