[Building Sakai] sakai 2.9 scheduled future announcements email failures

Hugh Robinson hughr at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 14 10:31:29 PDT 2014

Has anyone come across this problem in 2.9?
When scheduling an announcement with the beginning date scheduled in the
future ( no end specified ), the announcement is posted as expected, but
the email is not reliably generated.
The email is sometimes generated, but - more often than not - it is not
generated.
Once the announcement has been posted, the record in the
scheduler_delayed_invocation table is deleted.
So once that record is gone, no further attempts will be triggered to
generate the announcement/email logic for this particular announcement.

This occurs when both when running sakai on a single server or as part
of a cluster of servers.
I have not been able recreate this problem in a standalone dev server
under my control. But it is happening consistently on our production
servers.

thanks for any inisghts
Hugh Robinson (hughr at stanford.edu)
Stanford