[Building Sakai] LTI 2 in Sakai?

Maurer, Christopher Wayne chmaurer at iu.edu
Sat Apr 5 12:48:55 PDT 2014

Is there something different about this on trunk and the 10x branch?  I can’t get it to work on 10x, but trunk seems to.

Chris

From: Matthew Jones <matthew at longsight.com<mailto:matthew at longsight.com>>
Date: Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 3:47 PM
To: Christopher Maurer <chmaurer at iu.edu<mailto:chmaurer at iu.edu>>
Cc: "sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org<mailto:sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>" <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org<mailto:sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>>
Subject: Re: [Building Sakai] LTI 2 in Sakai?

Yea, this is currently meant for Sakai 10, planned for release in a few weeks and really new stuff.

There was a video Dr. Chuck posted a few months ago that shows you how to configure and go through the registration as you discovered. It's a little different how to add tools right how as you noticed, and it looks like individual users can only add LTI 1.x tools on a site level. Admins have to add 2.x tools and grant capabilities, and then the tool will be available as configured to all sites.

http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2013-November/025277.html

There are also a lot of lti2.* properties which are set to default which are *okay* for debugging but as mentioned not appropriate for production. I don't see these documented yet outside the code, but I'm sure they will be prior to the release of 10. You'd *probably* be on your own if you were looking to jump into this earlier. ;)

-Matthew