[Building Sakai] Resources versioning

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 03:44:18 PDT 2014

Hi,

I’ve actually done some work in this area - it is more investigative than actual working code we could drop in, but there isn’t a great deal of work involved in this if its just a database implementation. There was previous work in this area in regards to a JackRabbit content repository, which would bring versioning if surfaced in the UI, but that has actually been removed from the core source so I’d forget that route.

IMHO the best bet for versioning is to just implement it in the database and provide some UI controls to allow it to be managed. Pretty simple stuff.

Happy to discuss further and implement it if you like.

cheers,
Steve