[Building Sakai] CASifying Sakai: blank page after CAS login

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 14:08:17 PDT 2014

Thank you, Steve.

Actually I got another problem.
I accidentally put the server name of web.xml as our production servername
instead of our dev servername. dev server has all modified web.xml and
pom.xml and sakai.properties.

Here's what happen with the production (wrong) servername.
visit the gateway page of sakaidev.pomona.edu > click login > redirect our
CAS login page > after the CAS authentication, sakai.claremont.edu (I think
it's because I put the server name as sakai.claremont.edu) pops up.

When I realize my mistake and change the server name into
sakaidev.pomona.edu and i got the

java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path

after the CAS authentication

Question: the current server name in CAS Authentication and Validation
Filter of web.xml is used for what?

        <init-param>
            <param-name>serverName</param-name>
          <param-value>YOUR_SAKAI_SERVER:PORT</param-value>
        </init-param>

Why do I get the different result depending on the specified server name?

Should it be resolved from CAS end or from Sakai end?

One thing I noticed is when webauth.claremont.edu and
sakai.claremont.eduare on the same domain, it redirects the sakai
webpage after the CAS login.

However, sakai.pomona.edu is on the different domain from
webauth.claremont.edu, I got validationexception.

Although the production servername gives me the right behavior,  this is
wrong information, so...

I attached the screen shot when I get the validation error with the right
server name and please advise.