[Building Sakai] More 2.9.x Email Archive strangeness

Niebel, William (wdn5e) wdn5e at eservices.virginia.edu
Mon Sep 23 09:33:30 PDT 2013

This sounds like what I reported and patched at https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23689

________________________________
From: sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org [sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org] on behalf of Sam Ottenhoff [ottenhoff at longsight.com]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 11:12 AM
To: Michael Osterman
Cc: sakai-dev
Subject: Re: [Building Sakai] More 2.9.x Email Archive strangeness

Any ideas why this might be happening and/or how to further troubleshoot?

I would troubleshoot by using a dev instance with one instructor and one student.  I would first try to rule out anything to do with LDAP and caching by testing when you know the user info is in the UserDirectoryService cache.

Next I would crank up the debug levels on the relevant code.  You do this by modifying sakai.properties and setting

log.config.count=1
log.config.1=DEBUG.org.sakaiproject.james

Then I would look to either step through the code using Eclipse, or I would modifying the relevant code and add a bunch of new debug statements to help spot the source of the issue.

--Sam