[Building Sakai] JSON

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Fri Sep 20 06:13:54 PDT 2013

It uses a custom package I wrote to handle some specific use cases
which the other JSON parsers and generators did not support at the
time (mostly around scanning POJOs which have loops in their object
structures like sakai entities and hibernate objects). There may be
better options now but a lot of careful testing would be needed to
replace what is there with something that produces equivalent JSON.

For non-Sakai projects I tend to use Jackson or the one that is built
into Grails (if it is a grails project). There are some limitations to
the jackson processor when reading in JSON but generating JSON from
maps or pojos is fairly straightforward in most cases.

-AZ