[Building Sakai] set up latest sakai-Kaltura tool for Dev environment without screw-up the production

Liu, Peter peter.liu at yale.edu
Wed Sep 18 12:12:31 PDT 2013

Hi,

We are looking into this latest Sakai-Kaltura tool (tag:20130812).  I have noticed that it will requires a migration of KMC database (automatically).

At Yale, we have shared one kaltura.partnerid with dev, test, and prod servers/clusters environment.   I would like to make sure what I need to do is just to assign the kaltura.rootCategory to the following different value without causing issue on KMC side:

-Dev environment:
  kaltura.rootCategory=dev_sakai

-Test environment:
  kaltura.rootCategory=test_sakai

-Prod environment:
  kaltura.rootCategory=prod_sakai

Is this correct?  I really don't want with messing up with the production data on KMC side.

Has anyone already done this?  Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
Peter Liu