[Building Sakai] Delegate Access tool

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Wed Sep 18 05:30:33 PDT 2013

Have you set up your hierarchy?  The hierarchy is set by setting the
sakai.properties and then setting your sites properties with the same
properties.  The example I gave you was:

delegatedaccess.hierarchy.site.properties.count=3
delegatedaccess.hierarchy.site.properties.1=School
delegatedaccess.hierarchy.site.properties.2=Department
delegatedaccess.hierarchy.site.properties.3=Subject

So after setting these properties in your sakai.properties, you will need
to add these properties to your sites (either by a script or during your
site creation process or both).  So an example site would have the
following properties:

School=School of Music
Department=Orchestra
Subject=Woodwinds

Once you've added the properties to all of your sites you want to include
in Delegated Access, you then go to the Administration Workspace->Job
Scheduler and setup the delegated access site hierarchy job to run once a
day (so it will pick up any new sites).  This will then populate your
hierarchy and you should be able to search for a user and setup their
permissions based on that hierarchy.

Thanks,
Bryan

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 8:00 AM, admin <maali.nasassreh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> I face a problem in using the “delegate Access tool “ ,
>

> That I can’t grant access any privillage to any users , Please  help me ,
step by step ,to use this tool  for my sakai version 2.9.3