[Building Sakai] Status of Gradebook2 bug- Give Ungraded No Credit

William Karavites willkara at oit.rutgers.edu
Thu Sep 12 12:40:49 PDT 2013

Developers,

I was wondering what the status of the Gradebook2 bug- "Give ungraded no credit" was. When you search Jira for Give Ungraded No Credit , you get a large number of results and it is very hard to tell if each is either a fix/patch/complaint/issue.

For reference this is what we have the bug explained as in our bug-tracking system:

I just had a half an hour long conversation with an instructor who thought something was wrong with Gradebook 2 because her students' grades were all inflated. After investigation, I convinced her the numbers were right based on the data GB had.
Unfortunately, she didn't know that blanks are not zeros. So her students were being graded against a smaller scale. (For example, skipping the 100 point final meant your calculated grade would be points earned vs 900 instead of points earned vs 1000 (the class total)).
I believe GB2 needs a universal convert-to-zero button. The instructor I assisted had 30+ items and even with us both doing it, it took 5 minutes to click each one. Further, there is no visual clue that this has been done to an item, so you have to double-check to verify they've been set that way.

Please let me know if there is a patch flying around somewhere. Our gradebook2 version is 1.8.1.

Thank you,
William Karavites

William Karavites
Application Programmer