[Building Sakai] Ball-park figure for maximum number of concurrent connections for Sakai site

John Bush jbush at anisakai.com
Fri Sep 6 07:35:57 PDT 2013

It's hard to exactly answer that because so much is dependent on your
use cases.  But generally, if you have things tuned right, you are
probably sized for a max around 3000-3500 concurrent.  I think our
rule of thumb is around 750 users per node for a setup like yours.

Typically, we like to run a utility server for jobs, webdav, web
services, and email once a cluster gets this large, it just help off
loads that work and isolates it from the front end requests.