[Building Sakai] Ball-park figure for maximum number of concurrent connections for Sakai site

Jeremy O'Connor joconnor at uwc.ac.za
Fri Sep 6 02:39:40 PDT 2013

Hi

At our institution we have a Sakai site with:

4 application/tomcat servers
1 database/MySQL server
1 load balancer/httpd server

They are all running on CentOS 6.4 64bit VM's.

The application servers each have 2 vCPU's and 8GB memory.
The database server has 4 vCPU's and 8GB memory.
The load balancer server has 1 vCPU and 2GB memory.

Could anyone give me a ball-park figure for the maximum number of concurrent connections that they think this setup could support?

--
Jeremy

--
Jeremy O'Connor