[Building Sakai] [cle-release-team] Release thoughts

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Oct 31 06:42:11 PDT 2013

Yes, I believe you are the only one.  I can't think of any other tool that
is still rapidly adding features in a similar fashion to Lessons.

I believe the traditional feature freeze in late September happened years
ago because so many large features were still being added, and the
community needed a strong way to draw the line and push some features to
the next major revision.  I don't think we suffer from the same problem
anymore and working from trunk allows us to avoid spending time on
branching and merging until later in the cycle.

I think feature branches makes sense for Lessons, although I would ask: are
these features you really don't want to be QA'ed until 2015 and released in
mid-2015?  Are they not features that can be refined and QA'ed over the
next six months?

--Sam