[Building Sakai] Evalsys group sync job running?

Joseph Delaney joe.delaney at ctaar.rutgers.edu
Mon Oct 28 08:36:34 PDT 2013

We’re currently running Evalsys 1.4.1, Sakai 2.9.1, Mysql

Group sync sort of works. The issue that we’re having is that evalsys limits the quartz job to a specific instance of sakai while, apparently, quartz randomly chooses one of our 6 instances to run the job. If the instance that quartz chooses matches the evalsys configuration, then the groups sync. So we have a 1 out of 6 chance that it works. I can manually change the setting in evalsys, eventually getting the one that works (until something causes quartz to randomly reassign the job to  a different instance).

On the other hand, group sync did work flawlessly all of last year, using the same sync code from evalsys 1.4.1 that we had patched in evalsys 1.3. We updated evalsys and Sakai simultaneously this summer, I suspect that quartz changed so that the limit in evalsys is no longer necessary (take that with a grain of salt, I administer the evaluations and don’t have enough technical background to be sure of anything). Charles Hedrick says he’s not sure why the limit was ever there to begin with.

Joseph Delaney
Center for the Teaching Advancement and Assessment Research
Rutgers University
http://ctaar.rutgers.edu/

(848) 932-7466
(Please make note of the new area code)