[Building Sakai] Oracle on Open Source

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 02:57:10 PDT 2013

Hi Mark,

Nice link.

We need to think about what it would take to add support for Postgresql.
Even apart from the potentially vulnerable status of MySql as an healthy
open source product going forward, PgSQL's command line tools are fabulous.
So much nicer to work with. Then there's the old chestnut of proper ACID
compliance. I propose that people would not want Sakai on Oracle if there
was another option apart from MySQL (MariaDB excepted).

Cheers,
Adrian.