[Building Sakai] Sakai Memory Issues

John Bush jbush at anisakai.com
Tue Oct 8 06:53:37 PDT 2013

we are on the 2.9 tag.   I don't have a smokin' gun yet to really say
if that's the root cause or not.  We are using appdynamics to look at
things in production.  What we are seeing is a single request run this
type of query literary hundreds of times.

[SELECT special_access_id, forum_id, topic_id, start_date,
hide_until_open, end_date, allow_until_date, override_start_date,
override_hide_until_open, override_end_date,
override_allow_until_date, password, lock_end_date, users FROM
jforum_special_access WHERE forum_id = '116964'  AND topic_id > 0]

Each one is fast and our database has no issue.  Eventually we see
getting connections taking awhile and threads get blocked but we
aren't running into any type of bottleneck load or connection wise on
the db.  I think the appservers are simply running stupid amounts of
queries and just eating up connections and then blocking and keeping
things in memory.  Its just a hunch right now.  Its the best we've got
so far.

I wrote some code to cache this stuff yesterday, we are QA'ing today.
Again, I'm not sure its jforum, but jforum certainly isn't helping.

--
John Bush
602-490-0470

** This message is neither private nor confidential in fact the US
government is storing it in a warehouse located in Utah for future
data mining use cases should they arise. **