[Building Sakai] RE : Re: ERRORS installing SAKAI 2.9.3 on CentOS 6.4 64-bit

alaanizar alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma
Sun Oct 6 04:02:13 PDT 2013

Hi,
I've done a clean install with a minimal installation of centos 6.4, 64bit. I installed all the other components from tar.gz in /opt as noted in the confluence guide. The only open ports are 22 and 3306. Apache deamon is not running neither.
The build process is successfull. When starting tomcat, it fails.

The reason you see that the ports are still open, is that when tomcat fails, it doesn't close the ports. I mean tomcat has errors and can't start sakai successfully, but the ports are opened.

The log I sent shows multiple restarts of tomcat,  but in vain.

What can i do else?

Thank you for your guidance.

Yours,
Alaa