[Building Sakai] Scoring Agent API for review

John Bush jbush at anisakai.com
Tue Nov 26 12:37:21 PST 2013

Please check out:
https://crucible.sakaiproject.org/cru/SAKTRUNK-22#details

I believe this is low impact work to include in Sakai 10 as its a
brand new service that doesn't really touch anything else.

In order to support integrations like iRubric or other use cases like
it. We want a core API that tools can bind to in order to integrate
into their user interfaces without relying on patches or direct third
party code. This api can then be implemented by third party providers
like iRubric or others and optionally included into sakai builds, much
like we do with the content review api and turnitin.

The iRubric implementation of this API, can be found here:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msub/rsmart.com/sakai/trunk/irubric

mods to gradebook2 which rely on this service can be found here:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/rsmart/msub/gradebook2/trunk

It would be nice for Sakai 10 to have this API included so that gb2
can merge in these changes, and we could start work in other places
(like Assignments) that wish to have iRubric integration included,
post Sakai 10 release. The end game here is that Sakai might have
"hooks" for iRubric integration without needing to include iRubric
code ootb and without relying on patches that have to be constantly
maintained and applied to multiple places in the codebase.

--
John Bush
602-490-0470

** This message is neither private nor confidential in fact the US
government is storing it in a warehouse located in Utah for future
data mining use cases should they arise. **