[Building Sakai] Javascript error in Private Messages

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Thu Nov 14 00:23:45 PST 2013

Hi everybody.

One of our teachers is having issues in Private Messages on one of their
sites. The error seems isolated and I can't reproduce it in my test
server, but it persists in production server.

The tool works fine until she opens one of their received messages.
After this, any action on the page (i.e. answering or browsing through
other messages) causes a javascript error and navigation freezes in the
current message. The only valid option is reseting the tool.

The javascript message is:

ReferenceError: clearFormHiddenParams_pvtMsgDetail is not defined @
https://haya2.unavarra.es/portal/tool/16bac96f-21bb-43c1-bf63-25a01227ed60/privateMsg/pvtMsgDetail:1

I have found in Google some info related to JSF about this issue, but
don't know how to fix it.

We are using Sakai 2.9.2 and in msgcntr we only have added the patches
of SAK-24841 (1) & SAK-24844 (2).

If somebody can provide some light on this, I would be grateful.

Best regards.

(1) https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-24841
(2) https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-24844
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
La estupidez tiene un cierto encanto del que la ignorancia carece.
(Frank Zappa)