[Building Sakai] GCalendar-Sakai integration

Kirschner, Beth bkirschn at umich.edu
Mon Nov 11 08:25:06 PST 2013

I can think of a couple reasons that might be the root cause, but it is curious that nothing is in the logs -- we'll look into that.

1) Are you the creator of the site? If not, does the creator of the site have a valid google email address associated with the sakai user acount?
2) Are you logging in as an "admin" user or a user who is a member of the "Administrative Worksite"?
3) Do you have the permissions (gcal.view, gcal.view.all, gcal.edit) set correctly for this realm/site?

- Beth

On Nov 11, 2013, at 8:41 AM, Vijay Ramanuja Chary <ramanuv at miamioh.edu> wrote:

> HI Beth
>
> Thank you very much for your response.
>
> I am logged in as an user that has a valid google email address.
> I do not find any error in log file.
>
> Thanks
> Vijay
> On 11/8/13, 10:55 PM, Beth Kirschner wrote:
>> Do you see anything in the logs? When you login to Sakai, is it with a user with a valid google email address? More information is available in confluence:
>>  https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/GCAL/Google+Calendar
>>
>> - Beth
>>
>> On Nov 8, 2013, at 4:18 PM, Vijay Ramanuja Chary <ramanuv at miamioh.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> I am trying to get Google calendar to work with Sakai 2.9.x instance.
>>> I followed the instructions in https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/umich/google/gcalendar/trunk/README.txt
>>> I am unable to succeed.
>>>
>>> I have created a service account and supplied Gcalendar properties in sakai.properties file.
>>>
>>> When I try to add the tool it gives me the below error.
>>> No Google Calendar exists. Please contact 4help for assistance.
>>>
>>> Has any one tried in getting this done, any hint(s) would be helpful.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Vijay