[Building Sakai] jforum strange svn procedures

John Bush jbush at anisakai.com
Mon Nov 4 14:59:43 PST 2013

If anyone else is attempting to merge changes in from tags in contrib:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/etudes/sakai-jforum/tags/

we discovered today that these are essentially drops from presumably
another location.  If you look at their trunk there hasn't been
activity in years.  There is actually no svn relationship from one tag
to the next.

Attempting to merge changes across their tags will end up giving you
svn tree conflicts everywhere. We avoided this by vendor dropping
their tags and running merges from that.

Just thought I'd give a shot out to save someone else the trouble
should they run into this.
--
John Bush
602-490-0470

** This message is neither private nor confidential in fact the US
government is storing it in a warehouse located in Utah for future
data mining use cases should they arise. **