[Building Sakai] websvc authentication from python fails

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Fri May 31 05:29:50 PDT 2013

I changed from https to http and it works fine.

Original script:
   loginURI = "http://mymachine.edu/sakai-axis/SakaiLogin.jws?wsdl"

Subject: RE: [Building Sakai] websvc authentication from python fails

But Python test-connection.py from that same machine fails;

   urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it>

I'm not sure of two things;

1)     Does the message mean the webService was refused, or that it worked, but refused the login (user/password) attempt?

2)    I have logging set in sakai.properties, where does it log to?

sakai.properties:webservices.allow=.*

sakai.properties:webservices.allowlogin=true

sakai.properties:webservices.log-allowed=true

sakai.properties:webservices.log-denied=true