[Building Sakai] websvc authentication from python fails

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Thu May 30 15:24:38 PDT 2013

So start with the obvious, are you sure you have webservices enabled,
and everything is working correctly on the sakai side.  Try just
hitting the soap service in your browser or using wget/curl from where
ever you are trying to run your python code.

http://localhost:8080/sakai-axis/SakaiLogin.jws?wsdl

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Gregory Guthrie <guthrie at mum.edu> wrote:
> I asked this before, but since not resolved will check again;
>

> I am trying to do a programmed login using python as described in
> (https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/WEBSVCS/WS-Python );
>
> but it fails, just does a timeout.
>

> I am not sure how to debug, does Sakai keep log files(s) for such things?
> Anyone else get this to work, or an alternative? (I have not tried the perl
> scripts, since the rest of my application is in Python).

John Bush
602-490-0470