[Building Sakai] Getting NPE in EntityBrokerEventRegistry

Poorna Chand poorna419 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 22:21:21 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am using sakai 2.9.0 bin installer and writing a custom service.
I am getting NPE while using *getEventName(String eventId)* of *
org.sakaiproject.sitestats.impl.event.EntityBrokerEventRegistry.*

I debugged the code and find the reason that *getCurrentUserLocale() *is
returning null and null checks are only in *getCurrentUserLocale() *method
and not in the methods which uses that method.

I am unable to run the sakai environment from the sources, so I cannot
create a jar from the changes even if I add in my code.

The null checks are not sufficient to return the default Locale from that
method instead of null.
Is it possible to provide a patch for this.

Thanks,
Poorna.