[Building Sakai] [Deploying Sakai] Sakora-csv incremental upload?

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Wed May 22 14:08:26 PDT 2013

> 1. Our understanding is that sakora-csv is not designed to handle deletion
> in batch mode, at least not yet. But we believe it would be a great feature,
> especially to avoid time consuming full load just for deletion purpose.
> After doing some analysis, we think it is possible to do deletion with
> ignore flags in place and of course some code modifications. Here is our

Is the idea here to basically put the entire processor into a "delete"
mode so that things are removed instead of being added?

If not, I am not sure how this is different from the usual processing
that happens without the flags to disable deletions.

Can you explain your goal here in more detail?

> 2. Not sure if this is a bug or just because we were not supplying the
> parameters in the right way. Say, for example, run a Curl command with [-F
> "ignoreMissingSessions=true" -F "ignoreMembershipRemovals=true"], then the
> following command with parameter [-F "userRemovalMode=ignore"] only. In this
> scenario, the ignoreMissingSessions=true and ignoreMembershipRemovals=true
> would be carried over to the second request. To prevent this from happening,
> we think the existing parameters should be cleared first before checking new
> ones. So we modified CsvUploadServlet.java (line 235 - 244) as follow,
>                 // remove any override
>                 jd.getJobDataMap().remove(OVERRIDE_IGNORE_MISSING_SESSIONS);

Are you saying the state of those values is maintained across
requests? Each post should reset the state so that should not be
happening.

Those values come from the jobOverrides map which is reset on each
request so the state should be cleared each time a post is sent.

If you are running the originally posted job over and over then the
state will be maintained for all those future runs. I don't think that
is a bug. If the state is being maintained across posts then something
is very strange.

-AZ