[Building Sakai] Web Content Tool Layout Issue

Gonzalo Silverio gsilver at umich.edu
Mon May 20 11:42:42 PDT 2013

Hi!

This is a simple enough thing, but has some complexities.

I will refer to the screenshot.

Notice that there is a new portal container id="innercontent" added by the
work turning the web content tool into a proper portlet and do away with
one iframe (thanks Dr. Chuck). Notice the CSS definitions (float:
left;width:100%)

This extra container is there to prevent specifically the float drop that
you are reporting.

So if you are going to use the portlet version of the web content you need
the container (in trunk but not in  Sakai 2.9-SNAPSHOT you have), and
properly styled in portal.css.

Is the portlet version of the web content slated for 2.9.2? Will need to
update the documentation for this.

Thanks.

 - Gonzalo

[image: Inline image 1]