[Building Sakai] Review request: SAK-23611 & SAK-23610: excell import issues

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Thu May 16 06:21:39 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I have attached patches to 2 tickets related to Excel imports in gradebook and would apreciate extra eyes to look them over:

Importing a Excel 5 spreadsheet leads to a stacktrace: https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23610
The solution is to catch the error from POI and give a useful UI hint. As PeopleSoft seems to report in Excel 5 we think this is the source

Support import of newer OOXML fomats (.xlsx): https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23611
The code didn't support the newer MS formats, patch adds support for these spreadsheets.

As we are in the end of term pahse here both these issues where reported to our support team in the last days.

Regards

David
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.