[Building Sakai] Httpd 2.2 MaxClient Problem

Jehan Badshah jehan.badshah at nu.edu.pk
Thu May 16 03:52:59 PDT 2013

Dear All

We are using Httpd2.2 with AJP connecter.

When concurrent users are increasing (i.g., more than 300) then some time
Apache (Httpd server) throws following  error

"*[error] server reached MaxClients setting, consider raising the
MaxClients setting"
*

But in httpd.conf we did not specify any entry like MaxClient, MaxServer

I google it and found that we should add following lines to our httpd.conf

<IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
    StartServers          A
    MinSpareServers       B
    MaxSpareServers      C
    MaxClients          D
    MaxRequestsPerChild   E
    ServerLimit   F
</IfModule>

If I did not specify any of above lines then what is default number of
concurrent connection and ServerLimit

At most 500 users come online, so what are best configuration values (i.g.,
A, B, C, D, E, F)

Regards