[Building Sakai] User browser cache problems following Sakai upgrade

Paul Dagnall pdagnall1 at udayton.edu
Wed May 15 07:37:27 PDT 2013

Hi
We just upgraded form Sakai 2.6 to 2.9. Thankfully, the biggest complaints
we're getting have to do with browser caching. The user reports funny
display issues. We suggest they clear their cache, and all is well...

Besides renaming static content files or adding a query string to the css
references, is there a good way to avoid this. I know if we wait, the
users' caches will eventually refresh, but we'd like to avoid that initial
bad experience.

Does anyone have suggestions for this?

Thank you!

Paul Dagnall