[Building Sakai] Quartz error related with SAK-13776

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 15:51:29 PDT 2013

Hello all,

We are currently experiencing the same error described on SAK 23130.
I fix the database following the SAK 23130 instruction. I also apply the
patch provided from SAK 13776 and set the new properties on our
local.properties.

When we deploy the patched code without new properties setting, tomcat
starts up correctly.
However, tomcat fails to start up whenever we activate our new properties (
startScheduler at org.sakaiproject.api.app.scheduler.SchedulerManager=false).
Below is tomcat log and it complains "Bean property 'startScheduler' is not
writable or has an invalid setter method. Does the parameter type of the
setter match the return type of the getter?"

 2013-05-14 15:37:55.519 [ERROR]
org.sakaiproject.util.NoisierDefaultListableBeanFactory:80 - Failed to
preinstantiate the singleton named
org.sakaiproject.api.app.scheduler.JobBeanWrapper.validateJob. Destroying
all Spring beans.
bean with name
'org.sakaiproject.api.app.scheduler.JobBeanWrapper.validateJob' defined in
file
[/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28_A/components/accountvalidator-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]:
Cannot resolve reference to bean
'org.sakaiproject.api.app.scheduler.SchedulerManager' while setting bean
property 'schedulerManager'; nested exception is
bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.api.app.scheduler.SchedulerManager'
defined in file
[/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28_A/components/scheduler-component/WEB-INF/components.xml]:
Error setting property values; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException: Invalid property
'startScheduler' of bean class
[org.sakaiproject.component.app.scheduler.SchedulerManagerImpl]: Bean
property 'startScheduler' is not writable or has an invalid setter method.
Does the parameter type of the setter match the return type of the getter?
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:275)

Any thought to resolve this problem will be much appreciated.
Thanks.