[Building Sakai] External links with macro expansion

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu May 2 14:27:07 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Has anyone looked at adding macro expansion link support to other tools within Sakai other than the web content tool? For example in Web Content I can put this link:

http://test.com?eid=${USER_EID}

and (if enabled in sakai.properties) it will be expanded to the proper URL for the user that clicks it:

http://test.com?eid=steve

I have a need for these special types of links to be used elsewhere in Sakai, just wondering if anyone has thought about it or implemented it?

cheers,