[Building Sakai] Build & install 2.9 - build question

Adams, David da1 at vt.edu
Sun Mar 31 11:58:13 PDT 2013

Greg,
Good questions. The Sakai deploy process still puts things in places that existed in Tomcat 5.5. But as of Tomcat 6 and now 7, the common, shared, and server directories don't exist. And eg with common/classes, if the deployer doesn't put anything into common/classes (which it doesn't by default), you'll get that warning. It's nothing to worry about, best I can tell, but you can solve the problem by either creating the directory (annoying but safe), or removing it from catalina.properties (probably okay, but it depends on whether anything ever does end up there).

-dave