[Building Sakai] Google Summer of Code is on again

Adams, David da1 at vt.edu
Fri Mar 29 13:12:50 PDT 2013

Ignore the Summer of Code for a moment: Zach's list is exactly the type of overarching goals the CLE community needs to be aiming for. Yes it will take a lot of work to revamp all the components that have locked us into the current way of doing things, but that work needs to happen unless we want CLE to fade away into irrelevance. Perhaps the GSOC proposals can be a smaller part of a larger project focused on addressing one of these needs. As I've argued before, if there's a clear TCC-led focused project to improve Sakai, I think there are resources out there who will help. Zach's impossible list is the first step towards making it possible. Will the the CLE's leaders step up for step two?