[Building Sakai] Videos and Sakai

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 28 04:30:02 PDT 2013

The biggest problem we faced concerning videos in sakai is the cost of backups. Disc space these days is cheap but backing up files is not; adding the storage of videos would vastly increase disc usage and therefore the cost of keeping backup .

Our (as yet unimplemented) idea was to create a clone of the resources tool which stores its files in a different location to the regular tool, we would then o A vocabulary file not to backup the alternative filestore.

Adam