[Building Sakai] Patching site info to hide user IDs from students

Curtis Van-Osch curtis.van-osch at hec.ca
Mon Mar 25 12:57:05 PDT 2013

Hello,
Here at HEC Montréal, we're working on upgrading our system from Sakai
2.8.1 to Sakai 2.9.1.  We're taking this opportunity to try and
eliminate as many of our source code modifications as we can, to
facilitate future upgrades.  Unfortunately we have many patches to the
code that are a little hacky.  We're in the process of deciding which
are really important to us, and look forward to cleaning them up and
contributing them back upstream to the community.

For example, the first that I'm working on now is a patch that would
allow us to hide the user ids from students in the Site Info roster
list.  Our solution has been to create a new permission called
'site.viewRoster.displayId' to be applied to certain roles.  I'd be
happy to create an issue in Jira and attach a patch if there would be
any interest in including it in a future version (once I'm done merging
and testing it, of course).

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
--
<http://www.hec.ca>

Curtis Van Osch
Analyste-Programmeur
Direction des technologies de l'information
hec.ca <http://www.hec.ca>
Agréments
3000, chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine, Montréal (Québec) H3T 2A7
Téléphone : 514 340-6000, poste 2029

recyclez
Pensons à l'environnement
avant d'imprimer