[Building Sakai] Culling duplicates from SAM_ITEMGRADING_T

Karen Tsao ktsao at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 21 15:05:20 PDT 2013

Hi Jushua,

The reason the script only cleans up null SUBMITTEDDATE records is we can
successfully reproduce duplicates with null SUBMITTEDDATE (SAM-758). If you
have duplicates that have not null SUBMITTEDDATE, these must be created in
other flow which we haven't found. Are these old data or some are lately
created?

Are these SUBMITTEDDATE different? How about other fields, eg, score? If
they are all the same except the SUBMITTEDDATE, I think it should be ok to
remove the earliest duplicates. But, I am not 100 % confident. Maybe you
can try this in your QA instance first?

Not sure if there are other schools encountered this issue. If yes, hope
they can give you some feedback.

Thanks,
Karen

The script does include a commented-out statement for those particular