[Building Sakai] samigo lockdown browser

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Wed Mar 20 13:31:02 PDT 2013

Hi Sanghyun,

You might want to check with the Samigo team, assuming that you are using the default Test and Quizzes tool with Sakai (which is Samigo) - samigo-team at collab.sakaiproject.org

Conceptually, I don't see a problem with it. At my last institution, before we moved to Sakai, we had Respondus LDB integrated with Blackboard and only our School of Nursing was using it. When we moved to Sakai, we also implemented in Sakai, if I remember correctly, and it just adds a setting. If you don't use the Respondus LDB setting then your quiz works just like you would expect it would.

I would not expect the feature to impact other schools, but I'm not at a school using it at the moment, so you might want to take my input with a grain of salt. You might also want to peruse open Jira issues. You could use this JQL query as a starting point (you must be logged into https://jira.sakaiproject.org) - "text ~ respondus and status != closed ORDER BY priority desc"

Cheers,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org