[Building Sakai] Question about 2.9.1 roster "Use Official Description"

Gast, Cynthia (cmw6s) cmw6s at eservices.virginia.edu
Tue Mar 19 14:11:22 PDT 2013

Hi,
In Sakai 2.9.1, Worksite Setup -> New -> Course... the roster list now includes a label "Use Official Description" in the shaded header line, with a corresponding checkbox in the roster detail line, underneath.  See the attached screen shot.

I see a JIRA that possibly relates:   https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20946
I have not found documentation about this, so wondering how it is supposed to work.  I don't see any effect of checking the "Use Official Description" checkbox.

Is this an optional feature turned on/off via a sakai property?

Thanks for any information,
Cynthia Gast
UVa Sakai development team