[Building Sakai] Portal NEO Prefix

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 04:47:02 PDT 2013

Wouldn't it make more sense to have people setting the portal to the old templates if they want that, and then a skin to suit? That is exactly what I do now for some installs sonce they h e majorly complex skins and migrating is not an option yet.

Having a prefix automatically added is a bit confusing.

Sure the old skin is called default and the new one neo-default but I think that's ok if documented.

Definitely do not remove old skins or merge them, I didn't think that was suggested at all? Just the prefix addition in the portal.

So if people want old portal:

Portal.templates=defaultskin (or whatever that value is)
Skin.default=some28compatibleskin

If people want current portal, which is default, they just set the skin they want, or use the neo-default.

Skin.default=some29compatibleskin

Cheers
Steve

Sent from my iPhone