[Building Sakai] IMSBLTIPortlet.xml config issues

Thomas, Gregory J gjthomas at iupui.edu
Fri Mar 15 09:16:19 PDT 2013

Currently dealing with an issue of names not being released to an external tool we have.  It's definitely true that we're missing  <configuration name="imsti.releasename" value="on"/>   in our IMSBLTIPortlet.xml file for the default on this particular tool.  However, adding this back in and testing it on our existing instances of the tool doesn't seem to matter.  I've confirmed with a manual edit of the debug properties via the Sites superuser tool what's being passed.  However, if I try to make <configuration name="imsti.debug" value="on"/> a default or anything else (e.g. <configuration name="imsti.releaseemail" value="off"/> ), these still don't seem to be updated.  Email is still always passed and debug is never turned on for other instances of the site.

I've cleared my browser cache, used multiple browsers, and multiple accounts.  Same results of defaults not being updated every time.

There's not been anything written to the sakai_site_tool_property table, which I'm unsure if that's an issue or not.  My assumption is a tool id defined in this xml file will use defaults defined in there and if something is different, that will be written to the table.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on what could be wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Greg