[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.9 Gradebook

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Fri Mar 15 00:46:30 PDT 2013

See its parent for the cluster of issues that are beign looked at by Michigan, UCT & Amsterdam:

On Fri, 2013-03-15 at 16:54 +1100, Steve Swinsburg wrote:
For reference, Jira: https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22664

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Myburgh, Francette <FMyburgh at unisa.ac.za<mailto:FMyburgh at unisa.ac.za>> wrote:
This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.

Good day Amy

We’re still on Sakai 2.8.x.  Our advice to our lecturers is not to use Gradebook for courses with student numbers larger than 200 if they have multiple assignments to be graded.  The same symptoms as described below occurs.  If there is only two or three Gradebook items specified, it does load for courses up to about 2500 students, though slowly.  We’re currently working on identity management solutions that may (or not) address this bottleneck in our Sakai setup.

Regards

Francette Myburgh

UNISA