[Building Sakai] Assignment2 CSRF security in 2.9

Kusnetz, Jeremy JKusnetz at APUS.EDU
Thu Mar 14 12:49:46 PDT 2013

When uploading attachments in the Assignment2 tool we are seeing:

Missing CSRF Token session attribute: doAttachupload; toolId=sakai.assignment2

It looks like the CSRF security is something new in Sakai 2.9

It looks like I can probably get around this problem via (confirmed):

velocity.csrf.insecure.tools.count=1
velocity.csrf.insecure.tools.1= sakai.assignment2

But is that really the right solution?  Is there something that we are missing?   Looking through catalina.out I see a few of these errors for sakai.sitesetup too.

Is there an issue with our setup, or is this something that assignment2 needs to address?  Just grepping around I see a bunch of .vm's with <input type="hidden" name="sakai_csrf_token" value="$sakai_csrf_token" />   So I'm wondering if Assignment2 needs some updating?
This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.