[Building Sakai] Deploying Sakai 2.9.1 on Linux , tomcat7 and Oracle10g

Fatemeh Asl aa2821 at nyumc.org
Tue Mar 12 10:59:36 PDT 2013

Sorry for the incomplete post, I meant to add this on top the log:

Hi,

I downloaded a fresh version of 2.9.1 tag and tried to deploy it.
Even though I changed my tomcat 7 to
tomcat 5 look,. when I deployed sakai to a clean TC, I got tones of
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component  … .
I am not sure if this a problem with TC, since it seems to work fine:

-bash-3.2$ ./bin/startup.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /cube/apps/sakai_2-9/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /cube/apps/sakai_2-9/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /cube/apps/sakai_2-9/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /cube/apps/jdk1.6.0_21
Using CLASSPATH:       /cube/apps/sakai_2-9/tomcat
/bin/bootstrap.jar:/cube/apps/sakai_2-
9/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar

Please look at log file I posted before.

Many Thanks
Fatemeh