[Building Sakai] Issue with Oracle Timestamp with TimeZone and DST

Omer A Piperdi omer at rice.edu
Mon Mar 11 13:28:03 PDT 2013

All our Sakai instances stopped working for an hour last Saturday night.
During 2.9 upgrade last August, we converted data type "TimeStamp" in
session, event and cluster tables to "Timestamp with TimeZone" data
type. I think this was also apart of 2.9 db upgrade script as well..

We were getting "java.sql.SQLDataException: ORA-01878: specified field
not found in datetime or interval" error. It started working by itself
after an hour.

I am not sure what will be the fix for this.. Did anyone see this
behavior?? We are 2.9.x with Oracle 11g.

Thanks
Omer