[Building Sakai] Knowledge Base tool replacement for Online Help?

Alex Balleste alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
Thu Mar 7 14:50:24 PST 2013

Taking advantage of that we are preparing the 2.7 to 2.9 upgrade
process, we want to introduce a new helping system with more enjoyable
user experience.

For now, we are evaluating the option of creating a new contextual tool
that would appear when you click the current help icons. It would show a
main panel with different sections and subsections like: "Start here ->
welcome to Sakai | take a tour | ...", " More visited -> How to add a
new assignment| How to grade a student.. ", "Recommended: ...", "News
features: ...", "Documentation", "Search" ...),  Each section element
would be an small tutorial/tool tips  ( paged wizard with text and
microvideos), references to the original documentation, or references to
forums topics of a Sakai help site.In each page of documentation and at
the end of the tutorials, users would have the chance to evaluate if
that information is useful. Also, at the end of the pages and tutorials
it would provide access to related content, and a way to send a suggestion.

We want that this system will be able to provide 'live' help, with
sections like : "Other users saw:"  , top visited, top useful, ...,
based on the place, the role, and level of experience in the platform.

At the moment we are just playing with concepts. Thinking in which ways
we can do a good help system for our users.  We believe that this tools
must help us to promote all the new features that new versions provide.
We use Sakai for a long time, since 1.0 and a lot of users unknowns a
lot of tools and features for a our bad (non-existent) promotion
strategy.   As soon we have something I will present the our ideas.

Alex.

Al 07/03/13 17:36, En/na Neal Caidin ha escrit:

Alexandre Ballesté Crevillén  alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
University of Lleida
Information and Communication Systems Service
Analyst / Programmer
Twitter: @sinmsinm

Tlf: +34 973 702148
Fax: +34 973 702130