[Building Sakai] Adminlite

Yzelle, Sonette SYzelle at unisa.ac.za
Thu Mar 7 01:12:35 PST 2013

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
________________________________

Hi,

I am from Unisa and we are running Sakai 2.8.

I deployed the Adminlite tool, and followed the recommended steps for the setup:
Steps to setup adminlite users:

1. Go to Admin Realms tool, and choose !admin site. Save role "admin" as "adminlite". Add adminlite users with the new "adminlite" role into "!admin" site.

2. Go to Admin Sites tool, add "Admin Lite" tool to "!admin" site.

3. Edit the  site property of "!admin" site, and add this property "sakai:htmlInclude" with the value equals to content of admin_script.txt file.

4. Edit the site property of "!admin" site, and add this property "sakai:pdaHtmlInclude" with the value equals to content of admin_script_pda.txt file.

The adminLite tool is displaying in the Administration workspace but all the other tools are also displaying.
I think for a user with role adminlite only the adminlite tool should be available, and for user with role admin all tools should be available.

I did not apply the Kernel patch as Beth said it is not needed anymore.

Did I miss a step in the setup?

Thank you
Regards

Sonette