[Building Sakai] Announcements Re-order

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Fri Mar 1 09:25:22 PST 2013

One of the new features in Sakai 2.9 is the ability to re-order announcements, which unfortunately is a bit hobbled and difficult to enable (imo). It requires changing the tool configuration for announcements for each site that would like this feature enabled (in addition to enabling within sakai.properties).

This feels a bit hobbled to me and I'm proposing that we enable announcement re-order (by default) within the tool configuration, and disabling (by default) within sakai.properties. This would allow institutions to easily enable the feature acroos the entire sakai instance, and disable (if desired) for particular sites.

Thoughts?
- Beth