[Building Sakai] Error on Delegated Access Tool

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Wed Jun 19 11:16:19 PDT 2013

Are you running Oracle? :)

So far I've only seen this on one Oracle instance.  I'm actually going to
start looking into this error this week and will hopefully have a fix for
it.  In the mean time, you can fix the job by doing the following:

1) Make sure all the null titles/descriptions are removed:

Update HIERARCHY_NODE hn

right join (select ID from HIERARCHY_NODE_META where TITLE is null or
description is null) a on hn.childIds like concat('%:', concat(a.ID, ':%'))

set hn.childIds = replace(hn.childIds, concat(':', concat(a.ID, ':')), ":");

Update HIERARCHY_NODE hn

right join (select ID from HIERARCHY_NODE_META where TITLE is null or
description is null) a on hn.directchildIds like concat('%:', concat(a.ID,
':%'))

set hn.directchildIds = replace(hn.directchildIds, concat(':', concat(a.ID,
':')), ":");

*Run both of the updates until you see "0 record(s) affected".  Once all
updates are complete, then you can run the delete queries below

Delete From HIERARCHY_PERMS where nodeId in (select ID from
HIERARCHY_NODE_META where title is null or description is null);

Delete from HIERARCHY_NODE where id in (select ID from HIERARCHY_NODE_META
where title is null or description is null);

Delete From HIERARCHY_NODE_META where title is null or description is null;

2) Update the job last ran flag to a time before you saw this error:

Select * FROM HIERARCHY_PERMS where permission like
'siteHierarchyJobLastRunDate%'

(update this record)

3)  Make sure the Indexes are in sync

There are 3 indexes:

HIERARCHY_NODE

HIERARCHY_NODE_META

HIERARCHY_PERMS

Make sure all those indexes are larger than the max ID for each table.
 Very Important:  Make sure HIERARCHY_NODE and HIERARCHY_NODE_META
indexes's nextval are the same value.

If you have any information on why you think this happened, let me know
(definitely let me know if it's Oracle or not).  I will be debugging the
quartz job and anything will help.

Thanks,

Bryan