[Building Sakai] problem with gradebook

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 19 10:55:28 PDT 2013

There has a been an API change from 2.9.0 to 2.9.1. Tools that do not know about this change will not have grades visible to students.

That means that grades supplied by Lessons, Mneme, and some grades supplied by Samigo are not visible to the students.

This is a hard problem because it means that both 2.9.1 and 2.9.2 are broken. I can fix lessons to implement the new API, though this could require some real hackery to let me build on 2.8 and 2.9.1. I'd prefer a one-line fix to gradebook so that it still shows grades even if the tool doesn't support the new API. Gradebook 2 does not have this problem.

Any thoughts? Nothing we do will fix 2.9.1 or 2.9.2.

In Lessons the issue shows with grading comments and student content.

We are about to move from 2.9.0 to 2.9.1. In test sites based on a copy of the production database, a bunch of existing grades disappear in 2.9.1. We consider this a blocker. Unfortunately it's a block for 2.9.1 and 2.9.2.