[Building Sakai] ssl cert for source.sakaiproject.org

Kevin Takacs ktakacs at rsmart.com
Wed Jun 19 10:39:24 PDT 2013

Hi Cris,

I ran into this earlier as well with svn commands, and found a
stackoverflow thread that worked for my computer.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6115170/svn-error-validating-server-certificate

What you do is blow away the .subversion/auth/svn.ssl.server directory,
then you should only get the prompt one more time on your next svn command.

Hope this helps.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Cris J Holdorph <holdorph at unicon.net>wrote:

> I was doing some git svn syncing with Sakai this morning at hit this.
>
> git svn fetch --parent
> Error validating server certificate for
> 'https://source.sakaiproject.org:443':
>   - The certificate has expired.
> Certificate information:
>   - Hostname: source.sakaiproject.org
>   - Valid: from Jun 21 03:20:01 2010 GMT until Jun 19 14:57:11 2013 GMT
>   - Issuer: 07969287, http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository,
> GoDaddy.com, Inc., Scottsdale, Arizona, US
>   - Fingerprint:
> 34:c5:11:ed:00:74:04:cd:65:85:79:e7:da:da:fb:02:75:bc:a8:d0
> (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? RA layer request
> failed: OPTIONS of 'https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn': Server
> certificate verification failed: certificate has expired
> (https://source.sakaiproject.org) at /usr/bin/git-svn line 2315
>
> Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal, but I have to do each sakai
> module individually, so I do this with a script.  I've tried running a
> command once and accepting the certificate permanently, but it appears
> "permanent" is only for the duration of the command.
>
> So, two questions.
>
> Is there any chance the ssl certificate on source.sakaiproject.org will
> be fixed soon?
>
> Does anyone know a flag I can provide to my git svn commands that will
> work around this current problem?
>
> ---- Cris J H

Kevin Takacs
Software Engineer